Resolutions of Iftaa' Board

Resolutions of Iftaa' Board

Date Added : 03-12-2015


Resolution No.(39): "Ruling of Sharia on Bahaism"

Date: 25/6/1417 AH, corresponding to 7/11/1996


The Board has received the following question: 
What is the ruling of Sharia on Mr. (X`s) request to obtain a family register for the first time, taking into consideration the fact that he embraces Baha'ism?
Answer: All prefect praise be to Allah, The Lord of The Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Mohammad and upon all his family and companions.
The Board is of the view that it isn`t permissible to register the religion of the above mentioned person in his family register or passport because the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan doesn`t recognize "Baha'ism" and any Muslim who converts to it is considered an apostate and takes the rulings of Sharia on apostates. Moreover, in the official records and documents he remains a Muslim based on his father`s family register until a Sharia court rules that he is an apostate. And Allah Knows Best.



Chairman of the Iftaa`Board, Chief Justice, Deputized Mufti of Jordan, Izzaldeen Al-Tamimi

Sheikh Sa`eid Hijjawi

Dr. Yousef Ghyzan

           Dr. Abdulsalam Al-Abbadi

          Dr. Mahmood Al-Bhakeet

Dr. Fat-hi Alduraini

                   Sheikh Mahmoud Al-Shewayat

         Dr. Mahmood Al-Sartawi

        Sheikh Na`eim Mujahid


Decision Number [ Previous | Next ]

Summarized Fatawaa

 Reciting the Prophetic narration is permissible as many scholars used to, since in principle, the rulings of recitation have to be observed while speaking Arabic language.

What is the ruling on a person who broke the fast of one day in Ramadhaan because of hardship ?

He/she should make up for that day.

Is a wife considered sinful if she asked for divorce because her husband married another woman?

A second marriage is lawful, and so it is impermissible for you to ask for divorce because of that. If you are certain that you won`t be able to deliver Allah`s rights and those of your husband`s , then it is permissible for you to ask for Khul`a(Divorce on the demand of the wife). However, you should exercise patience since after difficulties, there is easiness by the will of Allah.

Is it permissible for a person to give the Zakah(obligatory charity) to his daughter-in-law?

Yes, it is permissible for a person to give the Zakah to his daughter-in-law if she was poor, and wasn`t provided for sufficiently by whomever is obliged to provide for her.